Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Tuesday Practice

 


The Photo:

Warmer with the slightest breeze coming in from the west. The no-see-ums were bad, not as bad as yesterday but BAD. Sunrise was at 7:11, high tide at 8:51 there was very little beach and no hard packed sand to practice on. I made due!


The Practice:

I was primarily focused on my internal balance, calibrating my mind and spirit to be involved but not overly involved.  

Using my mind from the third party perspective, striving to be equanimous whenever I notice a defect or become aware of something that needs adjusting. Adjusting old habits is the primary intent of refining your personal art, no matter the endeavor.

A drum set teacher once listed the stages of development as such:

1. Unconscious incompetence

2. Conscious incompetence

3. Conscious competency

4. Unconscious competency


* Training is evolving (whatever) from #2 to a #3. 

*In most endeavors (especially martial arts), #4 is the ultimate goal. 

*Correct, competent iterations is the only way to arrive at Unconscious Competency (the 'it' is highly trained)

Notes:

I saw:

The three walkers 

Paul the jogger had a knee brace on and was walking instead of jogging.