Friday, April 28, 2023

Thursday Practice

 

It was cooler but sunny this morning. I did my Warm Ups inside looking south towards Beaver Meadow. Afterwards I went out to my primary practice spot in Leyden and communed with the trees.

I focused on release on all levels (body - mind - spirit) today:

First becoming more aware of where I was and what I was doing, with appreciation and gratitude. 

Secondly then I turned my attention to my body, searching for any large muscles that were overly contracted and shortening more than is needed, then consciously releasing and lengthening the tissue. The idea is to 'dial down' the amount of contraction of any given muscle, especially using said muscle. I focused on releasing the thigh muscles after shifting weight off of it. 

 

When I finished I drove into town to go to the YMCA for some resistance training (Cybex)  and then to Walgreens for some immunizations for the upcoming trip to the Philippines. 

I found myself completely amazed at the mystery of life and the ability to think.

Note: It's incredibly difficult to get insurance to pay for simple immunizations like hepatitis A&B in 2023. The bean counters have taken over the medical field and they are NOT interested in your health. They simply want to make as much money as is possible, not matter the effect on your health.