Thursday, April 27, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

Looking south down Beaver Meadow with East Hill in the distance.

Around 10 o'clock, it finally warmed up enough to practice outside this morning. I ended up practicing on the deck. There was a herd of 8-9 deer grazing in the front yard. Very peaceful and chi-full it was!!

I started with a full Warm Up, a bit of Standing Meditation followed by a round (left side). 

My focus this morning was once again "In each movement the entire body must be light and spirited". Thinking that any unwanted muscular tension is the heavy that I am attempting to make light and spirited. 

The two hands clapping:

Ting & Song

Awareness leads to Release of tension. First in the body and then in the mind and spirit. One of the goals is to release any unwanted tension, turbid qi and negative and limiting thoughts. 

As the larger muscles release and relax, the bones do not collapse. 

                                 Muscles down - Bones up


From Sifu Ray: The secret to releasing tension in a muscle is to become aware that it is overly tense. 

After my practice, I proceeded to set up The Barn for music. I had my first jam of the season with my pals Shubal and Bobby V. We were slightly rusty but still there were a few moments where it 'came together'. I've been playing music with these guys for years. The positive energy in the room was undeniable! 

With gratitude and appreciation!


In between practice and music, I had a doctors appointment to flush our what shots I need to get for our upcoming Scuba Diving trip to the Philippines. I've got a couple of shots to get later this morning....Oh boy!