Monday, June 19, 2023

Sunday & Monday Practice

Looking south from the deck

Sunday 6/18/23 Fathers Day

Relaxing morning, I practiced on the deck. A full Warm Up followed by a Round (right side). Afterwards I did a round of Bagua Zhang (2nd Yin Fu Set), Anyo Tatlo and Seiuchin Kata.

Travis came up for a few hours in the afternoon. Helped with the organic gardening projects we have going on this season.

Monday Practice

I practiced in my main practice spot this morning


I reflected on how peaceful and serene it is to practice here in Leyden. Lot's of commination with the forest and some individual trees too!

I did a Full Warm up followed by a Round (left side). A short break and back for a round of Bagua Zhang (Cheng Ting Hwa Animal Set), Anyo #4 and Wansu Kata. 

I focused on "The entire body being connected like a string of pearls" and "From the foot to the leg to the waist to the fingers, all must act like one unit"

Finally, observing but not overthinking... Allowing my unconscious competency to take over. Sometimes this can feel like you're 'doing nothing' but I find as I observe (from a third party perspective) that everything is getting done! Doing by not doing!!