Friday, July 28, 2023

Friday Practice

 

Standing Meditation using the 2nd Posture - Focused on HuiYin Breathing and feeling 'even effort' everywhere: Dialing down the numbers to a 1, 2 or 3 

Method to release (Song):

Ice to Water, Water to Gas

I started with a full Warm Up using Hun/Haah Breathing ending with Standing Meditation. During the Standing I switched my focus to HuiYin Breathing, cultivating the Heavenly Circulation. 

I then did a full Spear session. Focusing on accuracy with Jab and Blocks....The tip for Jabs the sharp sides of the Spear for blocking.


After the Spear session I moved on to do a Round (left side) focusing on The Principles described in the Tai-Chi Classics using silent Hun/Haah Breathing*; 

Best done with sound - The vibration of the vocal chords and body is critical. Eventually you can get some of the benefits without sounding but not all of it.

*While exhaling I use the Haah sound to visualize my Chi extending out to the tips of fingers and toes.

 Note: Use a short or long Haah sound, depending on the movement and your intention. To develop abundant health (long Haaah sound) or for martial arts (short Hah sound similar to a Kiaii in Karate). 

*On the inhale I use the Hun sound to visualize my Chi returning, gathering and condensing (cultivating) in my center. Specifically to my Lower Tan T'ien.