Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tuesday Practice

I went in to The Studio to teach the 8-9:30 am T'ai Chi Ch'uan and Qigong class. 4 students show up. 

Before class started I worked with Sandy on the 6th Change in the first Yin Fu Bagua Zhang Set, on the left side. 

Once class formed, we did a version of The 10 Exercises. I included a bit of Hun/Haaah Breathing and during #7 I explained HuiYin Breathing. Once we reviewed the concept we then coordinated HuiYin Breathing with the arm and waist movements, ascending and descending with the waist (Yao) turning right and left, from the #7 Exercise.

Then after a water break we continued with a Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan  (right side) focusing on the principles. I've been reciting the first T'ai Chi Ch'uan Classic outloud while the class is doing The Round. I find myself focusing or re-focusing on different principles depending on the day.

After class I reviewed the T'ai Chi Jian Form with Lucy and Read. I also demonstrated some of the Spear training that I've been doing. Using my new practice Spear Head. It fit really nicely on one of the long poles at The Studio.

I hope that you are all enjoying you practices.....

Drop me a short note to let me know what you're currently working on.

Email Sifu Roy