Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday Practice

 

I practiced outside in the driveway this morning. I started with the Bagua Zhang Spear Form that I've been working on. I'm working on ideas for the first few changes and the basic guard and direction changes. 
I'm putting basic jabs and full thrusts in the first few changes. One of the benefits is that I'm starting to practice both sides. 
I then went on to practice a round of Yin Fu Bagua Zhang (second set) and a bit of work on Low Family Staff and Tai Chi Staff that I'm transitioning to Spear Forms. It's feeling better and better. I figure in a week or two I'll have flushed them out enough to produce a video of the forms.

Afterwards I did a full Warm Up followed by a Round (left side)

During The 10 I used Hun/Haah breathing. It was easier today. I'm just getting used to using sounds to bring the energy in to my center (Hun) and the out to my extremities (Haah). I found my self using silent hun/haah sounds while I did my Round. Very cool