Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday Practice

 

It was raining when I first started my practice this morning so I practiced inside looking out at the view. 

I started my Warm Up inside with The 10+ Exercises. After my Warm Up there was a break in the rain so I went outside on the deck to do a Round (right side).

Today I was focused on the connection between the slight stretch and release of the fascia and it's effect on the Vagus Nerve. I'm very interested in this relationship. I had a visceral experience as I focused on Stretch/Release of Fascia....As I continued to focus on that I became more and more aware of a deepening of my meditative state of mind. It felt almost like shifting into a higher gear.....Everything became lighter and more 'spirited'....A wonderful feeling that I've experienced before but it was different this time. There was a deepening of the feeling and instantaneous 'transformation' to this set of movements that I've been practicing since 1978. There was a profound change in the way the Round felt. 

Cool Beans!!

After my round I spent some time on the #1 Change of the second Yin Fu Bagua Zhang Set. I recited the names of the postures out loud.

- Lean on the Horse to Inquire the Way

- Hide the Flowers Beneath the Leaves

- The Wild Goose Leaves the Flock

- (Bagua Guard)

- Mount the Horse and Draw the Bow

- Close the Door and Push the Moon

If you have any insight or information regarding the connection between fascia and the vagus nerve please pass it along. Thanks

Email Sifu