Saturday, August 26, 2023

Saturday Practice

 

My trusty Lung Ching Tai-Chi Jian (double edged sword) 
Seven Star Dragon's Well Jian 

This sword was given to me by my students Tom Sokol and Maggie Madden back in the 1980's to replace a sword the was given to my by my teacher Sifu Ray Hayward. Unfortunately my original Jian was stolen out of my office on Wells Street along with a few more personal weapons and a large outside (expensive) J. R. Roy Studio sign I had commissioned back in the late 1970's.

I started my practice today with a full Jian Sword session; Basics and Form


I moved on to work on the Double Dao (Broadsword) Form.

I then did a Medicine Ball session using various weights to do the Tai-Chi Ruler with finger tips (ala B. P. Chan).


I did a short Warm Up and then raked up my main practice area. Then I proceeded to do a Round (left side). About 1/2 way through I was getting bit by mosquito's so I moved into The Barn for Part III.

I continue to contemplate the relationship between the slight stretch/release of fascia and the Vagus Nerve. 

I vocalized The Tai-Chi Classics while doing the Form. I've been getting a lot from:

"Neither excess nor deficiency 

Hollow nor projection

Severance nor splice"



 Notes:

              "To contemplate does not necessarily lead to an answer."

                        Strive to be equanimous with 'not knowing'.

                                                                                           Sifu