Thursday, August 10, 2023

Thursday Practice

 

I practiced out in my main practice area this morning. 

I started with a full Spear session focusing on the Bagua Spear Set that I'm working on. I flushed out the intro and Change #1, 2 and possibly 3. It's still a work in progress. I took some video of this to help flush out what to and not to do. I'm going to use Jab, Thrust and Coiling. Basics will be the focus on both sides. I found that the Spear tip in relationship to the tree trunk gave me lots of insights and assisted in my Bagua Walking a lot. Excellent for distancing and meditation/focus.

I then reviewed the two Staff Forms that I'm repurposing to Spear Forms. Afterwards I cleaned my double Jian Swords with the new 3M metal and chrome polish. Then I practiced Tai-Chi Jian Tassel Basics then Knife Flowers w/ Bagua Walking. Excellent exercise!! 

I then did a Round (right side). One of the (many) things that I was focused on during this Round was the position of the tip of my tongue touching the soft palate. I also focused on silent Hun/Haah Breathing visualizing the Chi expanding out to my finger tips and then retracting back and concentrating in my lower abdomen (Tan T'ien) throughout the Round.

When I finished I reviewed the video I shot of the Bagua Spear Set that I'm working on. I'm making progress! I also shot the Single Leg Standing Meditation Set from Cheng T'ing Hwa Bagua Zhang. I've started to do that regularly and find myself needing to adjust some of the postures to accommodate age and injury. 

I find it's better to adjust as we age, rather than letting things that go! 

To adjust what we do according to out age and injuries is the natural way....The way of the Tao!!