Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

I practiced on the deck this morning. I have Echo duty while GG is in town attending to chores. I started with a full Standing Meditation session on the Bosu Ball. I eventually got my foot placement and alignment such that I felt very stable, almost as if I was standing on the deck itself with a good amount of the 'Earth Pushing Up Against My Feet' too. Very productive standing session. I became more and more released/relaxed (Song) from top to bottom.

The Standing Meditation went so well I decided to do a round of The 21 on the Bosu Ball. It went well. I found the most challenging part the new side bends from Master Choi and the turning side to side at the hips/waist and head. I also did a single leg balancing session on the low balance board. Also very productive practice that added Zhong Ding to the rest of my practices this morning. All in all a great way to start the Warm Ups.


Echo waiting patiently for me to make tea. Here's some of the balance and nervous system tweaking equipment that I use. The idea for balance boards and the like came from a seminar that Don Miller gave at The Studio about 10 or so years ago. Thanks for the tip Don....I'm still training with them. 
Anything that I learn that I'm still doing a decade or more later assures me that I received an actual 'transmission'; I practice to make it mine.  I'm sure Don is still using this type of equipment to tweak his balance (Zhong Ding). 

After I proceeded to go through The 10+ focusing on opening the tissue from the bone out and getting a 'proper' stretch in the connective tissue. I then carried that idea and the feeling that I got into my Round (left side)