Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Wednesday Practice

 

Looking south (Bagua Zhang) from my main practice spot. My first Bagua tree on the property is in the larger Cherry Tree in foreground on left. I started using it before I resurfaced the area with TRG (used on driveways). Out of the photo on the right is Big Greenie, the largest Maple Tree on the property.

I got a late start today. I started with a full Spear session beginning with solidifying the Bagua Spear Set that I've been working on lately. The first several ideas are starting to gel. It's still very much in the improvising stage. I did get a very cool figure eight walking between two trees, changing the Spear from right to left and visa versa while doing the Block, Coil, Down, Thrust straight ahead (a figure eight around two trees) using the cross in front stance work from the Tai-Chi 13 Spear Set during the straight connecting lines between the trees. Very fun to practice. I'll try and solidify that as a separate Bagua set/exercise.

I then went on to Warm Ups, starting with The 10+ Exercises and a Round (left side)

We're still focused on Echo and getting him settled to the point that we can both leave the house and him home alone. It's a work in progress. Today he is doing really well.