Friday, September 29, 2023

Friday Practice

 

Raining out again this morning. Ugh! We had a late night then an early morning attending to the O'day 17. But we did get her in the garage before the heavy rain came in. Yay!

I had early morning Doctors appointment in Greenfield. Afterwards I went to The Co-op for supplies and then home to practice.

I practiced in The Loft this morning, starting with a full Warm Up, using The 10+ Exercises.

I did a Round (right side) to the CD I made with a metronome set at 60 bpm, with two tones, one set for the downbeats (first beat of the measure) and subsequent numbered counts, the other tone is set for the 1/2 beat. I overdubbed a vocal count ( using Master T. T. Liang's count) over the metronome. 

One of my goals this morning was to simply stick with the sequence without a glitch. Well, Echo interrupted me a half dozen times, each time I paused the 'beat & count' I attempted to come back in exactly where I left off, staying true to the sequence. I was on target about 95% of the time. The time I wasn't on target, was good fodder for staying equanimous when I notice that I've made an error. 

I consider this idea of being non-reactive when you notice something if not quite 'perfect' super important. Striving to less reactive is training that is going in the correct direction (IMO). 

So refining without reacting of adjustments is a small step towards developing an Indomitable Spirit, which is supremely resilient and non-reactive.