Saturday, September 30, 2023

Saturday Practice

 

                                        An improvised Standing Meditation Posture 

Here I'm working on the 'rear' position of a Forward Bow Stance. A 'guard' in transition. 

 Even though I'm back I'm not back too far; I'm still able to transform and neutralize a push (or pull) from most any direction, but especially the front. A goal is that the posture  remains 'neutral' to a push or pull, through aligned bones and slightly stretched connective tissue. 

I started with Holding Postures then did a full Warm Up using The 10+ Exercises - Master Choi's Standing Set for #9. I added a brief Deck Railing Leg Stretch and a set of Railing Plank Push-Ups.

Afterwards I did a Round (right side) to the CD of beat, 1/2 beat, vocalized count. Once again I tuned in to keeping with the count/time/sequence. I noticed when I started to recite The Tai-Chi Classics out loud I would loose my place in the count and once, towards the end of Part III, the sequence. Oy! 

Good fodder for Indomitable Spirit, being equanimous while realizing (and accepting) that you've made an error.....'Something' went wrong!! This 'something' is nothing to be overly concerned about, which makes it a perfect practice for self acceptance. IMO