Friday, October 6, 2023

Friday Practice

 

Echo in his new favorite spot - On top of the Blue Chair; General Echo is able to survey his domain and keep a watchful eye on his caretakers! Ever watchful and attentive he is!!

I did a full Warm Up inside looking out towards East Hill and Beaver Meadow.

Then I went out on the deck for a Round (right side). This morning I practiced to a metronome set at 60 bpm using two tones. During the Round I had a realization about a few things:

Wuji first 

I felt like I was in the Ocean at night with bioluminescence in the water lighting up as I move: 

                              I experience light trailing and expanding with the movements of my body and my mind/spirit. The experience that I was affecting the space and matter around me close by and far away too. It was quite the experience; Perhaps a culmination of decades of Internal Martial Arts practice and a whole bunch of Scuba Diving. The sensory information inside of me from 500 Dives is impossible to write about. It would like explaining the color red, to a person born blind. There are somethings that a human being just has to experience for themselves. There is NO other way!

IMO: 

There is NO substitute for personal experience. 

                                                                            None! 

I ended the session with a review of the 'shaking' techniques that I know.