Saturday, October 14, 2023

Saturday Practice

I practiced in my main practice area this morning. I didn't clear the leaves. I noticed an area at the base of trees that seems to have naturally cleared....Perhaps a bit of Tree Magic?

I started with a brief Warm Up and then right into a Round (right side). 

I worked on the material for the upcoming Bagua For Health seminar on Sun Oct 22nd around my main Bagua Tree. 

I needed to shower and load up for a gig at noon in Gill MA.

The Awesome Possum played a set in the Gill Library today. They were very well received! 

There were 6-10 adults and about the same amount of children 5-10 years old in the audience. Very cool! Everyone, especially the adults and the two librarians who organized the event seemed to really enjoy the vocal oriented Awesome Possum band. I really enjoyed adding feel and nuance to the performance. Very low volume, which the audience really appreciates and enjoys too!


Blast Sticks (above) and brushes were the order of the day. I also used a single layer of t-shirt to muffle the snare drum (a Tama 'Silverstar' - all birch 5"/14"). I used lot's of Cross Stick technique (above left hand) throughout the set. You can see my new RokSteady device in the photo. I'm using it to monitor the consistency of my tempo (and the bands too). I've been really enjoying monitoring my tempo. I'm finding it more useful and internal than using a metronome. The Awesome Possum tempo stayed remarkably steady.


I've been in a bunch of bands with Bobby V. over the last few decades. He usually plays bass. He plays bass, 6 string, 12 string and Vocals in the Possum. 

                                  Eileen and Karen Vocals and Percussion

                                                       Jeff Vocals/Guitar/Bass