Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Tuesday Practice

 

                         I reviewed the Tai-Chi Sword (Jian) form with Janee after class.

I went in to The Studio this morning to teach the T'ai Chi Ch'uan and Qigong class from 8-9:30. This is the last Tuesday morning class that I'll be teaching this season. We leave for NSB next week. I'll be practicing on the beach or in my backyard. Yay!

I started with a full Warm Up of The 10 Exercises then a round of Standing Meditation explaining what to focus on step by step. Standing practices are actually quite a bit of work. No movement on the outside but plenty of movement on the inside. Bone Up.....Muscle Down.....Throughout the session. Add relaxed abdominal breathing:

Slow

Fine

Even

Soft

In and Out through the nose.

Without effort

Consciously breathing deep and slow

After Standing we moved on to do a Round (right side) to Master T. T. Liang counting out the postures to his Tai-Chi music. For some that may have been the first time they were exposed to the music, the tempo and perhaps the sound of Master Liang's voice? Cool beans!!

I received some very touching feedback from students at the end of class today. I'm sure some of that's prompted by my leaving next week. But still it's nice to feel appreciated. Bow!

After folks left I reviewed the Tai-Chi Jian form with Janee and then I did one round with the CD I made with music and the names of the postures. Janee's knee was bothering her. Too much dancing over the weekend perhaps?? 

Next I went to the YMCA for a round of Cybex. I just starting to get the hang of 'em!