Thursday, November 16, 2023

Thursday Practice

 

Sunrise was at 6:49 this morning with a very stiff wind coming in directly from the east. The tide was half way with the next high tide at 10:39 am. 

I saw Paul for the first time. I'm happy to see he is maintaining his walk/run on the beach at sunrise.

I also saw the 'dog lady' and her German Shepard.


I started with a full Warm Up again this morning. I convinced that the Warm Up that I do (The 10+ Exercises) is key to my longevity practices. I get a much better T'ai Chi Ch'uan and Bagua Zhang practice if I do the full Warm Up and a bit of Standing Meditation. This idea is bearing fruit; The Warm Up holds the key to higher levels. If it's not in the Warm Up 'it' isn't going to be anywhere else! (IMHO)

Next I did a Round (left side). I recited the Tai-Chi Classics as I did Part I. One of my mental focuses this session was to feel the leg un-weighting/releasing. As if standing on a mirror visualizing my image below ground level imagining my image becoming more opaque as I place more and more weight on it and diminishing as I take weight off of it. Noticing the leg that is emptying as opposed to noticing the let that is receiving the weight. Very interesting feeling focusing on release and expand. My goal is to move with this feeling of release as opposed to contraction.