Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Yin Fu 8 Palms


               I find the squadrons of pelicans fascinating to watch. Masters of the wind, sky and water!


Tuesday late afternoon low tide was at 3:44 so I went for my first qigong beach walk. One of my most favorite things to do. Although I do enjoy walking in fields and woods my absolute favorite place to qigong walk is by the ocean. 

First I recite:

Loose, Supple and Relaxed

Align to relax

Relax releases

Expands

And connects

Internally 

And Externally

Then I tune into my feet and feeling the momentum created by moving forward articulate in the thoracic region of my spine. My hips and shoulders gently stretching in opposite directions while the arms swing like strands of pearls.

Next I tune into my ancestors walking the beaches of the world. This idea for a mental focus comes from Grandmaster Duan Zhi-Liang

_____________________________________________________________________________________

About half way through my qigong walk I stopped and did some work on the Yin Fu 8 Palms, Palm #3 Snake and Hawk Palm:


The names of the movements for Palm #3 Snake and Hawk Palm:

Heavenly horse walks from the void

White snake coils to the ground

Hawk spirals to heaven

White snake coils it's body

Embrace the moon

Hide the flowers beneath the leaves

Heavenly horse walks from the void

Many thanks to Sifu Ray Hayward to publishing the names to these movements. 

I first learned this set from Sifu Ray in the early 1980's. 

Bow from the waist