Saturday, December 16, 2023

Saturday Practice

 



The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:11, with the last low tide at 4:46, with a steady wind coming in from the E N/E. Very heavy cloud bank. A mostly grey and colorless sunrise...Again! The sea is angry, but not as angry as yesterday. The forecast is for the worst weather to roll in overnight. Tomorrow morning should be interesting. The mid-island coast line is very tender these days. 

The Practice:

There was finally some hard packed sand to practice on. Yay!! 

I started with a full round of The 10+, interspersed with shooting a few photos.

Next I did a Round (right side). It was a pleasure to practice on hard packed sand at sunrise on the beach. 

With gratitude and appreciation! This was my 33rd consecutive day of sunrise practices. I'm really starting to feel the difference. It's wild to be so in tune with nature....

I breath in the sea is in me

I breath out and I'm in the sea

Next I reviewed Anyo Apat (#4) and Wansu Kata. I put a bit more umph (focus) into the punches, kicks and strikes this morning. Again I found the hard packed sand much easier to perform Karate and Arnis Forms on. It's much easier on my feet, ankles, knees...etc. too! Yay!

Next I did a Double Cane session with my Dragon Sticks. Modern Arnis warm up and basics first then a review of Tai-Chi Double Broadsword Form. That form has many 'shoulder rotations' similar to the dumbbell shoulder routine that I've been doing at the gym

Speaking of the gym, I just completed my third week going M, W, Friday and after 9 sessions in three weeks I'm really feeling the difference. This is the first time in my life that I'm lifting to add muscle mass. At 72 it takes more commitment than in my teens and twenties.