Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Tuesday Practice

 

The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:16 with high tide at 8:08. Completely socked in, cloudy, foggy, dense sea mist it rained about half way through my Round. The temperature was cool but doable. The ocean was high and still coming up. I had to run for higher ground a couple of times. It was a challenging morning to take photos and practice on the beach...But still!!

With gratitude and appreciation!

The Practice:

The tide was high and still coming up so I ended up practicing in soft sand and very uneven ground, covered in seaweed. It's very challenging to practice on uneven ground and the soft sand and seaweed only made it more challenging....Oh yeah and the rising tide with the occasional biggest wave in the set, sent me to seek even higher ground. It's like push-hands with the ocean. With me trying to keep my sneakers dry;^) I won this time!!

I found a patch of soft sand to do The 10+ on.....I stayed focused on my footing and stance work. Attempting to keep relaxed balance as much as possible, to not overtax my feet, ankles and knees. I was able to make it work.

The sea mist was so dense, like a thick fog bank covering the entire beach. You could really see it as you looked up and down the beach. I was inspired to recite: 

Breathing in, the sea is in me

Breathing out, I'm in the sea

Next I did a Round (left side) focused on slow and smooth motions and maintaining Zhong Ding (relaxed balance) throughout the Round.

About 1/2 way through it started to rain. Luckily, I had worn my new GorTex rain jacket (Christmas present from GG)  to the beach so I was able to finish my Round with my rain jacket zipped up with the hood up too. All dry and cozy!!

I had to get back to the house for an 8:30 haircut in NSB with Crystal and to keep my camera dry too!