Friday, January 26, 2024

Friday Practice

When I first looked out the back door at the house I thought it would be a fantastic sunrise, but alas it was almost a washout. I was surprised at how little color there was, I was expecting more color.


It did lighten up considerably as the sun came up. You can see that the sea mist and fog were still heavy this morning. The mist is wonder-full to breathe in!

Breathing in Qi is in me

Breathing out I'm in Qi


The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:16, high tide at 9:13. It's 65 here at the house. It was mild on the beach this morning. I dressed lightly. There was no hard packed sand to practice on.

The Practice:

I practiced in soft sand again this morning. 

I started with The 10+ focused on 'opening' the body seeking movement through release as opposed on contraction.

Next I did a Round (right side) feeling yin/yang. I focused on feeling the energy expressed in my fingers and hands at the end of the postures. I reflected on the teachings of William Chen; Let the energy do the form. Oh, did I push you?

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa and Nihanchi Kata. I focused on stance work and foot placement in the soft sand.

After a brief Healing Qigong I returned to the house for my 8-9am video meeting with Jeff (every Friday).