Monday, January 8, 2024

Monday Practice

 

                           First image before the sun came up. Total wash out, grey and cloudy.

Taken with my phone camera 15-20 minutes after sunrise.

The Photo:

The sunrise was another wash out this morning. When it did rise at 7:19 it did get a little lighter but very little color. The last high tide at 5:59. So the tide as going down and there was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on. It was cool but not cold and the wind was light. I did need gloves but didn't need ear flaps.


The Practice:

Soon after I set up my camera rig I met Roger who has been coming to NSB for 50 years. Nice interaction with him. Next I met another new sunrise beach friend, Rich who is here for 2 months. Another nice interaction. Those conversations with folks while I'm on the beach have become more and more important to me these days. It's my 'social' time!

                           New sunrise beach friend Roger walking south after our chat.


                             New sunrise beach friend Rich walking north after our chat.


After socializing I did a full warm up using The 10+ celebrating that I'm still able to balance on both legs, with good flexibility and strength in my legs and core. I'm still able to stay in a full squat in #8 and #9 and balance and stretch for #6. I highly recommend doing The 10 and The 10+ everyday. The younger you start the better. Note: You will never be younger than you are today!

Next I did a Round (left side) reciting the Tai-Chi Classics (my version) out loud while doing Part I.

Next I did a Standing Meditation session cultivating with natures energies using Holding the Moon and Play Guitar. I had a profound connection to nature all around me and inside of me too! 

Next I reviewed Anyo Pito (#7) and Sunsu Kata focused on full extension, higher quality kicks and punches and overall agility. 

Back to the house