Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thursday Practice

                              One of the first shots....Heavy cloud bank on the horizon. 
 

 It was grey and cloudy at sunrise but then a little splash of light and color about 1/2 hour after sunrise

I got up late (Echo got us up at 1:30 last night!), the fact that it was cold and a wash out sunrise, didn't make me very motivated to get out there. Discipline is the answer....Don't think, just Do! 

I didn't bring my camera rig, but used my phone camera instead. 

Boy was it cold out there. Brrrr! I'm getting soft;^)

The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:19, low tide 8:46. It's 53 here at the house. I dressed for it but it was still cold. Luckily there wasn't much wind. Still......Brrrr!

The Practice:

I didn't have any gear to set up and after taking a few shots of the cloudy, grey sunrise (again) I started with a full warm up using The 10+

Next I visited briefly with Paul and the three walkers then I did a Round (left side) focused on Ting/Song and relaxed balance (Zhong Ding) throughout.

Next I reviewed Anyo Isa and Nihanchi Kata tuned in to the quality of my basics.

Next I used my walking cane to review Tai-Chi Jian form tuned in to the tip of my cane and wide open movements originating from release as opposed to contract.

I ended with a short Healing Qigong and then back to the house. I wanted to go to Heaths Health Food Store for a breakfast burrito.