Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday Practice


 I didn't bring my camera rig again this morning. I looked out the back door at the house and I could tell it was going to be another (in a string of) wash out! I took this image and the one below with my phone camera. I'm finding my phone camera (108 megapixtals) is so handy, small and produces a nice image, especially of clouds.

John (the surfer) was walking south as I descended to the beach. We chatted for a while. Here's John walking south.

A little bit later the sun did break through the cloud bank sitting at the horizon

Details:

The sunrise was at 7:17, high tide at 7:01. It's 63 at house. It was pleasant on the beach. There was a slight breeze from the south. I was a bit overdressed perhaps, but after the last week or so....Brrr! I had a hard time believing that it would be warm enough to dress lighter. Tomorrow morning in forecast to be even warmer, topping off the warming streak on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.


The Practice:

I did a full warm up using The 10+

Note:  I adjust these qigong with every iteration as they slowly evolve after listening to my higher self and as I add and adjust according to my study and how I'm feeling that day. 

Next I did a Round (right side). I had a profound connection to the horizon, the ocean, the clouds and the 'beach mist'. Fabulous round!! I wish I could bottle how I feel.....But alas!

Next I did a Standing Meditation session using Holding the Moon and Play Guitar (both sides) I had a profound connection to the horizon. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Kusanku Kata. I was in soft sand so I focused on stance work and agility.

Next I did a round of Taiji Cane with my walking cane. The length and weight made it different enough to be challenging. I'm still incorporating the follow through strikes in Part III. I'm not changing the end of Part III.

I finished with a Healing Qigong before heading back to the house.