Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Wednesday Practice

 

A few minutes before sunrise there was a splash of color, various hues of pink, yellow and red. Ahhhh!

                  You could really see the mist/fog when you looked to the north toward Ponce Inlet.

The Details:

The sunrise is at 7:17, high tide at 7:59. It's 63 here at the house. I dressed lighter than the past few days but still a fleece hat and thin gloves, but a lighter wind jacket and I didn't need my earl flaps. It was very misty and a bit foggy right on the beach.

There was a pleasant south wind but hardly any beach, only soft sand to practice on. Always a challenge exercising in soft sand. 


The Practice:

After setting up my camera rig and snapping a few photo's I did a full warm up with The 10+

Next I did a Round (left side) in the soft sand.

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito and Sunsu Kata. I'm still working on the sequences at the end of these forms. They are getting much clearer with better stance work and basic techniques, even in the soft sand. 

Next I used my dragon canes to do a round of the Taijie Double Broadsword form. I focused on the 'around the head' techniques and really good basics. The dragon canes felt lighter after a few days of using my walking canes. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house.