Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 

The Photo:

The sunrise was at 7:19, high tide at 6:48 so there was very little beach and no hard packed sand to practice on. I dressed for it but there wasn't raining while I was there. The wind was strong from the south I turned my back to it when I could. I had my hood up on my Gortex rain jacket, but I didn't need gloves. I was toasty and comfy with my hood up! Yay!!

The Practice:

I didn't bring my camera, tripod or canes this morning. Just me and my phone....I felt lighter!

I started with a full warm up using The 10+. I felt a bit tight this morning. Perhaps the resistance training yesterday? 

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on the principles and natures energies which were in full tilt mode. The sea was very angry!

Next I reviewed Anyo Walo (#8) and Sanchin Kata focused on proper extension of techniques and agility.

Note: I've had a very good run making it to the Nautilus by the Sea Gym 3 times per week. I've regularly been practicing in the exercise room, either Bagua Zhang or 6' Staff. Yesterday I worked on the 3 staff forms and reviewed the Tai-Chi 13 Spear set also. I've been using the amazing stretching machine every time I go. My hips haven't felt this good in years. Perhaps the daily late afternoon qigong walk is helping too! I've been very regular about that. I think yesterday was Day 60 this season.

Small Habits = Big Results