Friday, February 9, 2024

Friday Practice

 

Using my phone camera I snapped this photo as soon as I got to the beach. There was a splash of color then it was gone!

I practiced on 'The Shelf' again this morning. The tide was almost high and when the bigger set of waves came in it was continuing to erode the beach, making this feature even more prominent. 

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:08, high tide at 8:06. It's 59 here at the house.

Super busy morning! I have house and Echo duty since Ginnie is away. I've got a 8-9 video conference call with Jeff (every Friday morning) and a 9-11 private with Rob L. I've also got to walk Echo, do a Round and grocery shop. Oy! Oh yeah, I've also got to get a strength training session at the gym and a beach walk.....

The Practice:

After walking and feeding Echo I left him at the house and went to the beach to do a 'Round' of Taiji Quan.

I did a very brief warm up after walking with Echo for 50 ish minutes and then a Round (right side) focused on feeling my fascia and connective tissue sufficiently stretched (activate) without over stretching.

Jeff overslept but did make it for the last half hour. We talked about Rob's training a bit. 

Next I did a 2 hour private lesson with Rob L. I focused on the overall quality of posture when you're not thinking about it. The importance of monitoring ones vertical aligned posture throughout the day. The goal is neutral posture throughout the and definitely when practicing martial arts and other exercises too!

We reviewed The 10 Exercises with some adjustments and suggestions. 

"If you're unable to hold a high standard (principles) while practicing The 10; 

How would you arrive at a high standard, unconsciously, in real time?" 

                                                      Sifu Roy


"If you can't do it slowly

You can't do it!"

                                        Bill 'Superfoot' Wallace 

Next he reviewed the Arnis Cane Anyo's

I suggested to adjust the 'live hand' position.....Also adjust the first position in Cane Anyo Dalawa (#2)

Next he reviewed Empty hand forms (anyo) 1-6 overall adjustments: Relax and Flow more. His forms are very Taekwondo ish and not very Modern Arnis ish. His twist punch has improved! His kicks are good. 

The Prof. always told me that Taiji Quan is the 'missing link' in Modern Arnis training and visa versa. He would correct me regularly to 'relax' but he would also correct me if I got 'too relaxed'! He wanted the overall tone to be just right. The veritable Moma Bear.

We ended with a couple of reviews of The 10. He is having trouble remembering the sequence.