Thursday, February 8, 2024

Thursday Practice

I finally made it down to the beach to practice around 9. It was another washout sunrise. 
 
My walking cane up against the 2' shelf the Atlantic carved into the beach, overnight on Tuesday/Wednesday during high tide. Oy!!

Yesterday looking north. Overnight the Atlantic cut a 2' shelf in the beach. Yikes!!

The Details:

It's a different day today. GG left for CA early this morning and I've got Echo and house duties for the next 6 days. Plus the beach erosion from the past few days had left it almost impossible to practice on the beach, at least until the tide cycle is more conducive to beach practice.

The sunrise was at 7:09, high tide at 7:15. It's that point in the tide cycle that makes it very difficult to beach practice at sunrise and when the tide is high it's practically impossible. It's 58 here at the house.


The Practice:

I did a partial warm up using The 10+

Next I did a Round (left side) focused on light body, agility and soft breathing. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat and Kusanku Kata focused on central equilibrium and full extension, especially on kicks.

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian using my walking cane

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house.