Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Sunrise

 


The Details:

Sunrise was at 7:13, low tide at 8:20. It's 54 here at the house. It was pleasantly cool on the beach. The wind was coming steadily out of the north. I had my hood up and turned my back to the wind whenever possible.


The Practice:

I set up my camera rig and snapped a few photos then I started my warm up using The 10+

Then Natasha and Nisann stopped by to chat. Nisann told me the story about her uncle who raised her and how she is in NSB to help him out. Natasha got her sneakers wet while shooting the sunrise with her phone camera. 

Next I did a Round (left side) focusing on my breathing in and out through the nose as if a goose feather was in front of my nostrils and barely moving with my inhale and exhale; Releasing the inherent oxygen in my cells. 

I accessed my gratitude and appreciation for being able to practice 'pain free' at this age. I'm very grateful to my art and the teachers that have helped along the way for the life I'm currently living.

I've built my life around my practice! 

It's a profound statement and it's true!! 

As I look back on my life, my practice has been a constant companion throughout the decades. Starting with the habit to practice accordion when I was in my single digits. I think I started to play accordion around 7 years old. Before that, my first experiences on stage were square dancing (1st grade) and serving mass as an altar boy. So I've been practicing since I was very young. 

I now have many daily practices, notably several internal and external martial arts (Taiji, Bagua, Karate, Arnis, Qigong, Neigong) and multiple musical instruments (Drum set, bass guitar, guitar, shakuhachi flute).

It's a good life!

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito and Sanchin Kata focused on good basics throughout.

I finished with a Healing Qigong and returned to the house. I have a standing video call with Jeff from 8-9 on Friday mornings.