Saturday, February 3, 2024

Saturday Practice

 

A squadron of Pelicans cruise the waves in the distance; The are heading south.....

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:12, low tide 9:18. It's 50 here at the house. It was cooler than expected on the beach, the steady north wind didn't help! There was plenty of beach to practice on. I stayed near the water line, playing push-hands with the Atlantic where I practiced in the wet quick sand, making a few movements a bit more challenging. I'm getting used to it and the beach practice is not bothering my feet, ankles, knees or hips. Yay!! 


The Practice:

After shooting a few photos I began my warm up using The 10+ focusing on opening my body, stretching muscle, fascia, connective tissues and nerves. The 10+ Exercises are gold. With gratitude and appreciation to all the teachers that have taught me things that I currently use. I learned the 'original' set from Dr. Leung Kay-Chi in '79 when I started to study Bagua Zhang in the park with him and Master Ray Hayward.

Next I did a Round (right side) focused on a calm and tranquil mind, agility and following the opening and closing of my body. I observed my breathing in and out the nose slow, fine, even and soft; Steady and meditative. Like a baby sleeping;^) The goose feather barely moving!

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa and Nihanchi Kata focused on correct sequence and agility

Next I used my dragon canes to do a round of Taiji Double Broadsword focused strengthening my upper body. The dragon canes initially felt heavy this season but with my concentrated effort to get stronger this season; I've been strength training 3 times a week all season, I guess it's working because my dragon canes felt lighter this morning. Yay!!

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house. I had an 8:30 am haircut with Tonya and Brenda and Laurie are coming at noon. Out to lunch at Chase's at 1:00. We're going to try and get a reservation outside on the deck. Yay!!