Saturday, February 17, 2024

Saturday Practice

 

Sunrise was obscured by heavy cloud cover; A total washout! That's the beach patrol truck in the distance at the 27th Ave beach ramp. Later, there was a BobCat moving sand around. I'm not sure what the idea was but there's been a lot of activity mid-island to protect whats left of the dunes that protect the first row of houses and condo's. I'll walk down there later to inspect....Once the rain let's up. We are supposed to get walloped later today and tomorrow. 

The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:02, low tide at 9:28 and it's raining. It's 62 here at the house. There were very few folks on the beach. Just as I was finishing up a round of The 10+, Nisann stopped by to chat. I spotted her standing on one leg just south of 22nd Avenue. She is here until Thursday to help her uncle.



The Practice:

I snapped a couple of photos of the washout sunrise when I first got down to the beach. The tide was way out and the beach was huge!! I love that! 

I started my routine with a round of The 10+ 

I continue to Tune In to the Joy Of Movement (JOM) and access the overall connection to nature, especially the horizon. There's just so much to cultivate while contemplate the horizon with gratitude, appreciation and wonder. 

Next I did a Round (left side) contemplating the principles and enjoying the profound connection to natures energies and the people around me.

Next I did a round of Anyo Apat and Kusanku Kata focused on quality basics, more release (fa jin), agility and JOM.

Next I used my Walking Cane to do a round of the four Cane Anyo from Modern Arnis. It's interesting how the weight and length of the walking cane changes the forms. I notice that my grip, arms, shoulders and torso are getting noticeably stronger. The resistance training that I've been very regular about is paying off. Surprise, surprise!!

It had started to rain in earnest.....But it was a soft rain and I had my new GorTex rain jacket on. So I was cozy!

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house.

I'm waiting for a call from Jeff. I'll be meeting with him later today. I guess I'll use the garage to train in?