Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

It was another washout, cold, windy and raining sunrise.

There was a stiff north wind and rain. The least hospitable weather for my sunrise practice to date (8 years in April). It's unfortunate weather for the weekend that Jeff is here. I usually practice outside and here in NSB I don't have an indoor space to train in. Another example of why the brick and mortar Studio space. Oy!


The Details:

The sunrise was at 7:01, low tide at 10:29. It's 59 here at the house. It's raining steady with a stiff north wind. It was awful weather on the beach. I tried to relax into it the best I could.

The Practice:

Jeff's here so I've been meeting with him starting yesterday morning. We worked on Bagua Zhang first 4 moves of the first Yin Fu set and the first change in the Yin Fu 8 Palms. We also checked the 'standard' of the first 5 American Karate Kata. We also reviewed the newer push-hands sequence. 

I made it to the beach in time for sunrise (washout). I snapped a photo with my phone and then did a Round (right side) no frills, no warm up, just a Round. I focused on connecting to natures energies, agility and consistency. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house to dry out!