Saturday, February 24, 2024

Saturday Practice

 

As soon as I arrived at the beach the sun started to rise above the horizon. I wished I had brought my camera and tripod, but alas all I had was my phone. The photo above is the way my phone saw it, without any post production. 

As the sun rises earlier and earlier I'm having an increasingly challenging time getting down to the beach before the sun comes up. I look out in the backyard in the morning to check for color.  Lately it seems that it's either totally cloudy and grey or super clear without clouds for the rising sun to 'light up'. Still.......Each sunrise is beautiful in it's own way.

Support your local sunrise!

The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:56, high tide at 8:45. It's 60 here at the house. It was a pleasant temperature for training on the beach. There was a mild W S/W breeze, the tide was coming up. I played push-hands with the Atlantic. I only had a couple of close calls; I kept my sneakers dry. Fun!!

The Practice:

I started with a round of The 10+ focused on the horizon and the natures energies.

Next I did a Round (left side) profoundly connected to the horizon, the rising sun and breathing in the sea mist. I bathed every cell in the sunrise/ocean qi. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa and Seisan Kata focused on quality basics and agility.

Next I did a round of Taiji Dao focused on the timing of my stepping and the end of my postures. 

Next I did Dao basics with my left hand

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was heading back to the house.

Note:

I headed back to the house to upload a photo and write up this mornings practice for this blog. 

I'm finding the daily journaling of my practice experiences helpful. It sparks contemplation before, during and after the session.

I've getting a lot out of my regular late afternoon Beach Qigong Walks (BQW).

I've been getting to Nautilus Gym for strength training 2-3 times per week. Evidently I'm still able to build lean muscle mass. I takes a bit more effort in you 70's but it is still possible. Yay!

After strength training I've been using the gym's exercise room to practice Staff and Stick basics, weapons forms and Bagua Zhang, along with some bar and floor stretching.