Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thursday Practice

                             A few moments before the sun appeared. Shot with my phone.

The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:58, high tide at 7:25. It's 50 here at the house.

 The tide was high and still coming up. It was cool but not windy. The beach was virtually deserted! Yay!!

The Practice:

The tide was coming up and there was very little beach to practice on. I ended up doing my warm up (The 10+) on the 'shelf' so that I was back and up enough to not get my sneakers wet. 

Next I did a Round (right side) on the beach (off the shelf) in sugar sand. It's a build up of wind blown sand from yesterdays wind. I'm used to practicing in loose sand and I'm unconsciously adjusting accordingly. 

Next I did a round of Anyo Walo and Sanchin Kata focused on quality basics, relaxed balance (zhong ding) and agility.

Next I did a round of the four Modern Arnis Cane Anyo (Isa, Dalawa, Tatlo, Anim) on right and left sides. 

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house.


Note:

I saw Marty (it's Thursday) and he stopped to chat for a few minutes. He also likes to get up and going early in the morning. I also saw one of the regular beach walkers. I see her regularly and we say hi and wave. I don't know her name yet, but I suspect that a conversation will eventually occur. In the meantime a wave and a smile has the correct energy. 

Connecting with other folks that like to get out to the beach at sunrise is helpful. It makes overcoming the inertia and difficulties (internal dialogue) that arise when you attempt to exercise on the beach as the sun is rising.