Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Wednesday Practice

 

Shot with my phone camera a few minutes after I got down to the beach. As the sunrises earlier and earlier I'm have an increasingly difficult time getting down there 10-15 minutes before the sunrises which is usually when the best color is happening.

The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:59, high tide at 6:40. It's 50 here at the house. There was very little breeze this morning. It was so light I couldn't really tell you where it was coming from. The tide was high and there was very little, but enough beach to practice on. I ended up practicing in semi-soft sand. The cool weather and the high tide kept most folks off the beach. I love the privacy when the weather and tide keep most folks home. 

The Practice:

I started with a round of The 10+ to warm up and get my head into the practice. I focused on my connection to the Atlantic, the horizon and the earth. Expanding out as I open my body, connecting all the way to the horizon I felt profoundly connected to the energies of nature. 

Next I did a Round (left side) focused on the line from foot, to leg, to waist, to spine, to arm, expressing Jin in my fingers and vice versa.

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito and Sunsu Kata - I kinda lost track of linking up the 6th forms in their respective systems. I think I missed Anyo Tatlo? I'm really not sure, but this morning I realized that I had to do Anyo Pito again in order to get the 1-8 forms linked up. I'm back on track! It's my effort to keep all the sequences up to snuff so that I'm able to calibrate exactly what I'm focused on during that particular iteration. In order to advance these form it's imperative to have the sequence evolved to a point that it takes little to no conscious effort. Consistency of practice is imperative. 

Next I used my walking cane to do a round of Taiji Cane focused on agility and flow.

I finished with a Healing Qigong before returning to the house.

I stopped to chat with Mary Kay on the way home. I'm going up to Gaff's in a few moments to stock us up until Genna and Ali come this coming Sunday afternoon. Genna is a vegetarian so we'll have to negotiate around the meals. We'll make it work!