Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Wednesday Practice

I went to the beach for sunrise practice this morning and I brought my Cannon (#1) and a tripod. I was glad I did. It wasn't a super colorful sunrise....But still!
 

The Details:

The sunrise was at 6:52, last low tide at 5:18. It's 61 here at the house. It was pleasantly warm on the beach which also means more tourists and locals too. It was pretty busy at 7 am.

The Practice:

After setting up my camera gear and snapping a few photos I started with a round of The 10+ focused on opening my body and enjoying moving pain free at 72! FYI - This stuff works IF you do it consistently. 

Next I did a Round (left side) focused on connecting to the horizon, counter balancing and noticing the difference between practicing on the beach compared to practice in my backyard. A very different experience.

Next I did a round of Anyo Anim and Wansu Kata tuned in to the overall quality of my movements.

Next I did a round of Taiji Dao (Broadsword) tuned in to the timing of the movements and the tip of the sword (Walking Cane). 

I finished with a Healing Qigong before gathering my gear and heading back to the house.