Monday, April 1, 2024

Monday Practice - Day 8,311 -


 I shot this photo with my phone shortly after arriving on the beach. As the sun rises earlier and earlier I'm having more trouble getting down to the beach 10-15 minutes before sunrise. It is better for the photos that have the actual ball of the sun above the horizon. But I still prefer to get down there before that, so that I can see the whole deal, before, during and after the sun actually rises above the horizon.


The Details:

It's 65 here at the house. The sunrise was at 7:14, low tide at 9:17. There was very little breeze and lot's of beach to practice on. It was warm and I ended up taking my jacket off after my warm ups. For the second day in a row, I was overdressed.


The Practice:

I started out with a full round of The 10+

Next I did a Round (right side) tuned into "formed in the fingers", expressing Jin when it rises up to my fingers. I initially got this idea from William C. C. Chen and have been contemplating it ever since.

Next I did a round of Anyo Isa and Naihanchi Kata tuned into the quality of my basics in Anyo Isa and the changes I'm contemplating in Naihanchi Kata.

At this point I really needed to use a bathroom (too much coffee this morning!) so I did a Healing Qigong while I was rushing back to the house.

After a much needed bathroom break I resumed my practice in the backyard.

I did a round of Taiji Staff, Monkey Staff and Low Family Staff tuned into my Jin extending out to the tip of the Staff.