Monday, April 29, 2024

Sunday Practice

 

I shot this with my phone camera shortly after I got the fire going in the stove and picked up a bit. 

I have decades of history in this barn......Many fond memories going back to 2003 when we bought the property and started working towards what it's become. Living here is like living in a park with fabulous accommodations and a view that is captivating and accessible. I've been getting fabulous practices here. I think it's the vibe and the privacy. I'm going further inside; slowly, slowly, day by day I continue to take baby steps in my internal development. If you're patient it's fun!  

The Details:

It was 45 at the house this morning. Rain is in the forecast but nothing yet. It ended up being cool, a bit windy but sunny. I started a fire in the barn.

The Practice:

I practiced in The Barn interspersed with cleaning and organizing the space. I built a fire with some of the deadfall that I've been picking up since we arrived last Sunday. We've accomplished a lot since we arrived and have a ton more to go. 

I did a round of The 10+ interspersed with organizing The Barn and my practice space on the 'porch'.

Next I did a round to Master T. T. Liangs music with him counting out the beats. The CD player started screwing up during Part I so I used a metronome set at 70 bpm with two tones; one da, two da etc.....

I finished with a Healing Qigong.

Yang Cheng Fu's Ten Essential Points of Taiji Quan:

#4 (Clearly) Distinguish the substantial and the insubstantial.

Master Paul Gallaghers commentary:

"The number one principle of the art of Taiji Quan is to clearly distinguish the substantial and the insubstantial. If the weight of the entire body is placed on the right foot, then the right foot is substantial, and the left foot is insubstantial; when the weight of the entire body is placed on the left foot (or leg) , then the left foot is substantial and the right is insubstantial. If one has learned to clearly distinguish the substantial and insubstantial , then one can begin to move lightly and nimbly, without using the least bit of clumsy strength. If one cannot distinguish substantial and insubstantial, then one's steps will be heavy and clumsy, one's stance will be insecure, and one will easily fall under the control of an opponent."