Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Tuesday Practice

 

I shot this with my Canon on a tripod as the sun appeared over the horizon. I tried to time the shot to get the sparkle on the tops of the waves. I think I caught it!

The Details:

It's 65 here at the house. The sunrise was at 6:57, low tide at 10:30. It was cool at first with the breeze coming in from the west. 

The Practice:

There was plenty of hard packed semi-wet sand to practice on. I started down by the water's edge with a full round of The 10+ tuned into preparing my body and mind for the rest of my practices.

After moving my rig up the beach and taking off my jacket I did a Round of Taiji (left side) tuned into feeling the effects of daily Taiji practice. It's been an interesting experience to be able to practice at sunrise on the beach. Today was day 155 this season. It's been a wild ride. I'd highly recommend sunrise practices to any of you that have the will and self-discipline to pull it off. Give a try if you can!

With gratitude and appreciation.

Next I did a round of Anyo Walo tuned into the quality of my postures and stance work.

Next I did a round of Sanchin Kata tuned into the changes that I'm making and feeling the connection between my Tan T'ien (Hara) and my fist, fingers and palms.

Next I used my Dragon Canes to do a round of Taiji Double Dao tuned into the health aspect of this form and paying attention to keeping my right thumb and wrist safe. My right thumb is still bothering me a bit. I'm noticing stiffness in the morning and some discomfort while sleeping.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.

More packing today......Only three days to go before the big migration.