Monday, April 15, 2024

Monday Practice


 I continue to struggle to get down to the beach in time for sunrise....Never mind 10-20 minutes before the sunrise when there's a chance to get the color of the morning. I shot this image with my phone camera as soon as I arrived on the beach. I was about 10 minutes late. I does give me the opportunity to capture the actual sphere of the sun. It's all good! I have to remember that I only have 4 more opportunities to practice on the beach at sunrise. Frankly it's become such a regular and therefore ordinary way that I start my day here in New Smyrna Beach, I believe that I'm transitioning into extra-ordinary territory. Today makes 153 sunrise beach practices and photo shoots this season. 

With gratitude and appreciation!


The Details:

It's 64 here at the house. The sunrise was at 6:58, low tide at 9:35. There was a breeze but it was coming directly from the west and the beach was in the lee. Yes, the noseeums were out. I had a few buzz around my face and neck but not so bad that I needed to change venue.


The Practice:

I started down by the water's edge with a full round of The 10+ tuned into opening my body and calibrating my Yi. Preparing myself for the rest of my practice.

I stayed down by the water's edge to do a Round of Taiji (right side) tuned into the feeling  of Jin rising up to my fingers. I also tuned into the principle of 'swimming in air' feeling the Qi field all around me thicken up. I accessed the gestalt that I've felt while scuba diving. When I get my buoyancy dialed in and get neutrally buoyant the body is weightless but the resistance of the water is still present. In Taiji practice the body is light but the root is deep. Every posture is neutral and readily able to transform energy (roll back).

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito tuned into the agility that is needed for the change of direction stance work.

Next I did a round of Sunsu Kata tuned into the changes that I'm making and the sequence at the end.

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian with my wooden broadsword I recited the names of the postures out loud while I practiced.

Next I a row of Lazy D's with my left hand.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.

Barrett was coming at 9 to detail the Lexus.