Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Wednesday Practice

 

I shot this with my phone camera a few minutes before the sun appeared. I love the various shades of pink. The surrogate (camera) can only approximate what I actually saw. There was so much more nuance, but this image is representative of the color that was only there for a few moments before it washed out.

Once the sun pops over the horizon the color disappears, you can count on it!


The Details:

It's 69 at the house. Sunrise was at 7:03, the last low tide was at 4:56.


The Practice:

I started with The 10+ and then at #3 I switched over to the first half of Master Ray's 30 warm ups. I think that they give a superior stretch to neck, shoulders, arms and back. The combo takes a little longer but I suspect the bang for the buck is substantial. It also just feels right!

Next I did a Round (left side) tuned into opening from arm pit to hip. I also tuned into dropping my Yi and Qi to the soles of my feet and feeling 9 joint harmony as the Jin rises up from feet to leg to waist to spine finally forming in my finger tips.

Next I did a round of Anyo Dalawa tuned into adjusting the quality of basic techniques.

Next I did a round of Seisan Kata tuned into quality basics, full extension and more focus.

Next I did a round of Taiji Jian with my wooden broadsword. I recited the names of postures out loud throughout the form.

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was returning to the house.

I had a 8:15 appointment at Stuarts for the Lexus. Getting her ready for the trip home next week. Don't blink, time flies.