Thursday, April 11, 2024

Thursday Practice

 


I shot this with my phone camera after the sun made it's appearance and before the color was completely washed out.

The Details:

It's 73 here at the house. Sunrise at 7:02, last low tide at 5:50. It was warm with a very strong wind coming from the S S/W and then swung around to the south. There weren't any noseeums, but the wind was an issue. Luckily nothing blew away....Yay!

The Practice:

There was plenty of hard packed sand to practice on so I started out down by the waters edge with a combination of The 10+ and the first half (upper body) of Master Ray's 30 warm ups. I've been attracted to this warm up combination for a while now. It just feels right! I've been freely moving between these sets as it suits me on that particular session.

After my warm up I moved further up the beach towards the dunes to see if could get in the lee. It worked a little, until the wind swung around to the south. 

I did a Round (right side) tuned into "In every movement my entire body is light and agile (spirited)".

Next I did a round of The 21 (Taiji Qigong) tuned into opening my body and mind. I used Hun/Haah breathing throughout the qigong and added the side to side bends and breath hold ala Master Choi.

Next I did a round of Anyo Tatlo tuned into the opportunities to train agility with the throw stance work.

Next I did a round of Seiunchin Kata tuned into the stance work and quality basics.

Next I did a round of Taiji Double Dao with my Dragon Canes

I finished with a Healing Qigong as I was heading back to the house. 

Notes:

Bill is coming over around 11 and we have to prepare the house for Laurie coming at 12:30