Monday, October 7, 2024

Monday Practice

 

The Details:

It's 56 at the house. The sunrise was at 6:45. 


The Practice:

I started with guitar practice in preparation for a guitar lesson sometime this week. The tunes are coming along slowly, but surely.

Next I went to The Barn and did strength training session using my TRX Straps, Dumbbells, Push-Up Bars. I used my Dragon Canes to do a full Modern Arnis Cane Warm Up then 'around the head' ala Double Dao Form and Modern Arnis Basics.

Next I went out to my main training area and did a round of the original 10 Exercises with added squats. I did a full round of Yin Fu Linking Palms around my Bagua Poles for #9. I also added the Three Swings and Song Gong for #10

Next I did a Round of Taiji (right side). I recited the Taiji Classics during Part I - I tuned into thickening the Qi all around me (swimming in air0 and developing a profound connection to nature especially during "Jade Maiden Works The Shuttles"

Next I did Standing Post Training focused on flushing out the postures that I'm using/teaching. I used 'The Wild Goose Leaves The Flock' for the single leg Standing.

Next I did a round of Anyo Pito (#7) tuned into agility and the correct sequence.

Next I did a round of Sunsu Kata. I'm still flushing out the sequence at the end of this form.

I ended with Healing Qigong.


Phil sent me this photo this morning. Circa 1984 at the Wells Street Dojo. That was 40 years ago, I was in my early 30's. Don't blink! Time flies!!