Thursday, December 3, 2020

Sunrise Thursday 12.03.20 - *******7th tips for Qigong Walking

Just as the sun was rising, there was a splash of color. Truly a magnificent experience to practice Qigong and witness the earth aligning with the sun, exactly where I'm standing. There's nothing like the first light of day.....Nothing! Then add Mother Ocean and if you're lucky enough to know how, you can personally connect with the energy (Chi/Qi/Prana) of nature. 
Bow from the waist to all the teachers that have shared their knowledge and experience with me. 
I appreciate you every day when I practice. [BOW]

*******
Where should you Qigong Walk?

The definitive answer is:
Wherever you will walk!

The main principle in all of these practices is very simply to DO them. 

Simply walking will help to make you healthier....IF you walk regularly. Without regular practice no method will work. Period.
 
The secret is to develop the 'habit' of whatever you would like to 'DO' to get healthier or acquire a higher level of skill. 

FYI - It takes between 60-90 consecutive days to develop a habit. Then it gets easier....mostly;^) 

I suggest marking the days on a calendar or journal or ??? whatever, just keep track. The goal is to develop the habit of 'IT'. Like brushing your teeth or showering/bathing, it'll make you feel better. You will be attracted to doing it. 

Where I prefer to Qigong Walk:

I am fortunate enough to live close to the Atlantic Ocean 6 months of the year. This particular beach (NSB, FL) is my 1st choice for Qigong Walking because of Sights, Sounds, Smells, Colors, Textures, Sea Air, Bromides, Negatively Charged Ions etc. The beach here is hard packed and flat with very few obstacles (occasional sand sculpture of hole).

I key in-to (calibrate), all of my ancestors that have walked along all the oceans of the world, going back to the beginning of time. I can feel a deep connection to the evolution of walking in human beings. Walking is one of the things that I can be certain that we evolved to do. 

We are WALKING / BREATHING creatures.

I study the way I naturally walk, I try to get out of the way (mentally) and simple observe and tweak. 

Then I apply Qigong principles:

ALIGN TO
RELAX,
RELAX RELEASES,
RELEASE EXPANDS,
EXPAND CONNECTS (white tissue).

WALKINGS FORWARD MOMENTUM ARTICULATES AT THE THORACIC VERTIBREA 

SHOULDERS AND HIPS ROTATE IN OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS

TWO PILLARS,
THREE STRANDS OF PEARLS.
STRETCH AND RELEASE
EVERYTHING SWINGING FREELY 
LOOSE, SUPPLE AND RELAXED