Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Bagua Zhang Practice


 The Photo:

Credit to Ginnie Gilson for the photo. Taken back in 2015 while visiting the Jensen Beach area on the east coast of Florida. I spotted a water fountain and decided to practice a little circle walking (Bagua Palm) around. FUN!!

In New Smyrna Beach this season I find myself practicing Bagua Zhang most evenings. 

My habit is to do a Qigong Walk, on the beach at or near sunset, interspersed with various Qigong Forms like The 21, Wild Goose, Wuji Hundan Qigong and others that I know. I select what I do by feel. 

I modify my Bagua (or any other) forms that I practice these days to accommodate old injuries and simply aging itself. 

Being self aware while you age is a humbling experience. Aging is especially noticeable for those of us that have been able to practice EVERY day since we were young (teens and 20's). Although it's hardly noticeable day by day, you can tell year by year and decade by decade. 

Aging will humble the fittest of the fit. 

It's impossible to outrun father time...Although you can slow aging down by using Internal Martial Arts and various Qigong/Neigong's as medication. They work as long as you do them consistently. 

My advice to anyone who would like to be a life long practitioner or exerciser:

1. Adjust when needed 

2. Rest when you need to, rather than quitting altogether