Monday, January 16, 2023

Monday morning practice

 

The Photo:
It was still cold (40's) this morning, but I made it out to the beach just in time for sunrise (7:19am).

There was a slight breeze from the West, so the beach was in the lee. Yay!
The tide was 1/2 way down, the next low tide at 10:02am. c
There was plenty of beach to practice on! 
Only a few tourists this morning. The cold keeps the locals away!

The Practice:
I did a full warm up starting with 'Moving the Lymph' and proceeding to The Ten exercises with variations of #4, #7, #9 and #10. I then did a Round on the left side.
This morning I was focused on "Standing like a poised scale and moving like a cartwheel" applying the concept of 'counter balancing' to keep my 'numbers' down. I kept re-setting my relaxation/release as I progressed through the form.
I ended with Wuji Standing Post Training and 'Raise Hands and Step Up' for the single leg standing practice. Focusing on releasing the Yi/Qi downward and feeling my whole body connected and in a state of relaxed balance. 
I had a fabulous session of profound connection to the energies of the Ocean/Earth and Sky (universe).
Hard to put into words as it's an experience that's impossible to describe. Profound connection comes to mind. 

Notes:
I saw Mary Kay to wave to. She was starting her morning beach walk while I was in the middle of my Round of T'ai Chi Ch'uan. 

Hopefully it will warm up as the week progresses! It's much more difficult to get myself out there in time for the sunrise when the weather is this cold. Brrrr!

I hope that you are enjoying your practice (s).

Give a try...The earlier in the day the better!