Sunday, January 15, 2023

Morning Practice on a cold and windy day....

 

The Photo:

It was too cold to go out to the beach for sunrise this morning (36 with a stiff N wind..Brrr!)

I decided to give myself the morning off from the early morning beach photography of the sunrise and my early morning Internal Martial Arts practices. 

After it warmed up to a balmy 43 I dressed up and went out to the backyard for a photo and my morning practices. 

The Practice:

Main thing this morning was being warm enough and staying out of the cold N wind. The backyard was part of the answer and multi layers of clothing another part. I felt like the Pillsbury Dough Boy;^) But I did stay warm and cozy. 

I did a shortened warm up, then held a few postures to get my body and mind prepared. 

I decided to use a metronome for my Round this morning. This was the first time I've used the metronome for my Round in a while. I could tell it's been awhile because it took a bit to get it 'going' again;^)

I set the metronome to 60bpm with two tones; One for beat and the other for the 1/2 beat. 

I focused on the movements being "Light and Spirited" originating in the feet; Then a wave of Jin developing in the legs and directed by the waist, formed in the fingers. 

Feet, Legs and Waist all acting as one.

I had a fabulous Round.

I hope you're enjoying you practice today!

 

Notes:

We had a nice surprise visit with our Grand Niece Morgan and her boyfriend Kevin yesterday afternoon. They are staying with Kevin's Mom at a condo she is renting at Ocean Walk about 3 miles south of us on NSB's barrier island. Was great to catch up with them. Too bad the Falcon Heavy didn't launch as planned yesterday but it looks like a go for later this afternoon, but Morgan and Kevin will be flying back north. Oh well! Next time??