Friday, January 27, 2023

Practice Friday 1.27.23

 

The Photo:

Just as the sun made its way over the cloud bank on the horizon, this flock of birds, startled by a jogger, started flying north. 

The birds flight at exactly the same moment as the sun initial appearance = Magic! 

The color only last a few seconds, then, as the sun continued to rise, the color vanished. As the color went away the sky turned a brilliant blue. I  love nature;^)

It was colder yet this morning (50's), with a stiff N N/W wind. It is winter after all!! I dressed for the cold and wind; Sweat pants, multiple layers and a fleece hoodie, a warm ear flap hat and winter gloves. I was fine unless I needed to take my gloves off to adjust my camera. I place my back into the wind when possible, especially during my warm up. 

The tide was low at 7:25am with the sunrise at 7:16am. So there was a lot of beach available to exercise on.

 I was using my Cannon with the medium lens on a tripod this morning.

The Practice:

After shooting a few photos I started to do my regular Qigong Warm Ups. I had a really productive Warm Up session. Once I was mentally/spiritually calibrated and physically warmed up I proceeded to practice a Round of T’ai Chi Ch’uan on the left side (second side). My focus this morning was Pore Breathing to the marrow of my bones and breathing out into the ‘space’ inside of me and outside of me, feeling the ‘breath’ saturating each and every cell as it passes through my being.

I also had a few moments while reciting The Classics that I felt a strong (er than usual) connection to the edge of the universe. That was an interesting experience and unusual feeling to say the least.

“Perhaps we are the universes attempt to experience itself?”

 

“Breathing in qi is in me - Breathing out I’m in qi.”

Notes:

Ginnie and Lucy came to the beach for sunrise this morning. Yay! I also saw Mary Kay from a distance to wave to. I’m happy to see her out on the beach walking in the early am. So good for you!!

I hope you’re enjoying your practice this morning wherever you are!

Drop me and email if you’re reading this….Thanks!