Saturday, January 28, 2023

Practice Saturday 1.28.23

 

Sunrise Practice Saturday 1.28.23


The Photo:

It was cold with a stiff E N/E wind. The tide was low at 8:25am and the sunrise was one minute earlier this morning at 7:15am. I was dressed in all my warm gear. 

There was plenty of hard sand to exercise on.

I shot this image right before the sun peaked up over the horizon. The bird was cooperating ;^)

The Practice:

The morning, I was focused on ‘the whole body should be light and spirited and all of its parts connected like a string of pearls’. That always calibrates my feeling/experience in a positive way.

The sand was pretty wet and squishy, so I was having a bit more difficulty balancing on one leg during the kick sequence. So I focused on ‘Stand like a poised scale, move like a cartwheel’ paying very close attention to my alignment and release downward. It helped!!

During this practice session, I had a profound connection to natures energies. I followed my Round with a Standing Meditation session, concentrating on connecting with natures qi and exchanging positive healing energy from nature with any injury or disease, releasing any negative or limiting thoughts and any and all turbid qi; Filling my body, with a calm and centered energy and abundant health.

Using Pore Breathing with the Earth, I got the feeling that Natures Qi was saturating every cell of my body.

Very productive practice session again today! Yay!!

I hope that you're enjoying your practice today. Drop me a line at let me know how your practice is going. IF its been awhile....Today is a good day to re-start;^)

Sending you encouraging and healing energy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

Notes:

I saw John to talk to on the beach. Just as I was finishing shooting the sunrise. John stopped to talk. Interesting conversation, he said he has a neighbor that has started to practice T’ai Chi and loves it.

I gave him a few ideas about ‘tai chi training’. I probably said too much! Anyway I told him the first order of Tai Chi training is Alignment. Then I talked about gravity and what a special energy that is. I hope that I sparked some curiosity in him about Tai Chi practice.